We are determined to keep our staff, members and guests (when permitted) as safe as possible as we reopen following the COVID-19 lockdown period.
We have carried out a full and detailed risk assessment of our operation with regards to COVID-19 – a copy of which can be found below.
Initially, we will only be opening to Members. Children of Members can also attend. Anyone wishing to join the Club can complete an on-line application form here.
To minimise risk to our Members and Staff we will be reducing our opening hours. From Saturday 4th July we will only be opening Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays initially.
We will not be hosting any events or our weekly dance evenings or Sunday quiz. Food will also not be served until we have reviewed and assessed our revised operating procedures.
In addition, the snooker room, pool table and darts board will be out of use until further notice. No ball games are permitted whilst social distancing guidelines remain in place.
When arriving at the Club please adhere to the following:-
- Only use the main door to access the Club – please maintain social distances outside if there is a queue.
- On entering the building please wash your hands at the hand sanitiser station.
- Please show the door staff your membership card and confirm your name.
- Please sign the Track & Trace Register on arrival. Please remember to sign out when leaving.
- You will be issued with a wristband. You will need this to be served at the bar. Children do not require wristbands.
- Please follow the one-way system to the bar area and take your seat if you are remaining inside to comply with Government Guidelines.
- Please observe social distancing at all times.
Our internal seating layout has been designed to maintain social distancing.
Please do not move the tables. We will review the seating arrangements on a regular basis.
Our current seating capacity is as follows:-
Norton Room – 35
Chantrey Room – 15
Seating availability will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Please be courteous to other members.
Limited seating will be provided outside on the lawn.
You are welcome to bring your own picnic rugs and camping style seating so long as they are all set at recommended social distances or within family / social bubble groups.
Whilst some of our tables do have parasols that may offer some protection from the elements we are unable to offer any covered seating outside.
We are also unable to guarantee indoor seating during times of bad weather due to our current reduced internal seating capacity.
Tables and seating will be cleaned as people leave and at regular intervals throughout the day.
Temporary Rules whilst social distancing remains in place
No ball games on the lawn.
Dart Board is currently out of use.
No close contact dancing is permitted under the current guidelines.
Low-level background music is permitted under the Government Guidelines and may be played in the Club. The volume will be such that normal conversation can still be heard.